About the role:
We are seeking a capable and motivated Administration Coordinator to support a growing Australian music business. Working in our Fitzroy warehouse, you will have an opportunity to work as part of a high-performing team and build networks and experience within the music industry. This role oversees the day-to-day workflow and operations and will play a key role in customer service and team communication across the wholesale and retail businesses. The role is suited to a high-energy candidate with an administration and customer service background - music experience would be highly desirable.
You will be responsible for:
- Coordinating resolution of customer enquiries and processing sales orders accross all business channels
- Overseeing day-to-day workflows, weekly schedules, routines and priorities, including the procurement process, the arrival of freight deliveries and required staff levels
- Ensuring suitable stock of office supplies are maintained
- Contributing to special projects, with an opportunity to play a leading role in developing contemporary administrative systems to support a continuous-improvement approach
- Maintaining schedules, taking minutes, drafting communications, developing and documenting processes and procedures
- Leading team workshops and change programs
- Developing online sales platforms and updating product information
- Assisting with physical picking/packing operations, re-shelving stock and maintaining inventory
- Data entry, maintaining databases, maintaining websites
You will have:
- Experience working within a busy office environment
- Exceptional customer service skills and well developed communication skills
- Strong knowledge of sheet music, scores, instrumentation and music theory
- Exceptional IT skills including proficiency with MS Office and ability to use web-based software and data management systems
- Experience in online sales is desirable, including maintaining websites and product data
- Willingness to go above and beyond where required
- Attention to detail, a dedication to achieving best-practice and a willingness to work autonomously within a constantly-changing environment
Some out of hours and weekend work is occasionally required and all necessary training will be provided upon commencement. High-energy candidates with a genuine passion for music, sales and customer service should apply now!
Applicants should provide a covering letter outlining their suitability for the role as per the position description, and a CV containing relevant skills and experience. Names, phone numbers and email addresses for two referees should also be provided.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com. Applications close at midnight on Friday 20 January 2017. For further information contact Robert Dugdale (Strategy, Planning & Operations Manager) on 0417 717 746.
As part of the syllabus review process, AMEB seeks a Consultant, Reviewer and persons to serve on the Advisory Committee for the respective syllabus subject.
At this time there are no vacancies for Syllabus Consultants.
As part of the publication process, AMEB enlists skilled text and music proofreaders to review new AMEB publications. If you would like to be considered for a proofreading position, please email a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Syllabuses under review
AMEB syllabuses are regularly reviewed by specialists with a national profile in their instrument to reflect current pedagogical best practice. Check the Latest News for information on how to participate in our current and upcoming syllabus reviews.
Syllabuses currently under review:
AMEB has a commitment to including compositions by Australian and regional composers in its publications and syllabuses. If you would like to submit compositions or publications for review by AMEB syllabus consultants for possible inclusion in an upcoming syllabus, please send a copy of the music along with your contact details and any relevant copyright information to:
AMEB Federal Office
Level 5 / 175 Flinders Lane
Melbourne VIC 3000
Materials received for a syllabus not currently under review will be stored in our music library until such time as the relevant syllabus is being reviewed. Handwritten scores are accepted.
For opportunities including becoming an examiner, please contact your local AMEB State Office.