Level 1 (Preliminary - 4th), Level 2 (5th - 8th), Certificate of Performance and Level 3 (Associate - Licentiate diplomas).
Old syllabus (last printed in 2011) can be used until the end of 2013. Candidates must present entirely from one syllabus or the other, they cannot present some requirements from one and other requirements from another. Learn more.
All technical work requirements are set out in Violin Technical Work. If using the old Violin syllabus (last printed 2011), all technical work requirements are set out in Violin Technical Work Book Level 1 (2001) and Violin Technical Work Book Level 2 (2001).
Candidates should consult Violin Sight Reading, which contains exercises in sight reading suitable to prepare candidates for this section of the examination.
RECORDING & HANDBOOKS
Violin Series 9 Recording & Handbooks and Violin Series 8 Recording & Handbooks include recordings of grade book repertoire and information suitable to prepare candidates for the general knowledge section of the examination.
- Violin Series 9, Third grade, pg. 6/18, bar 11. See corrected pages
- Violin Series 9, Seventh grade, pg. 18 part, m.m. marking. See corrected page
- Violin Series 9, Fifth grade, pg. 16 score, bar 14. See corrected page
- Violin Series 9, Second grade, pg. 22 score, bar 9. See corrected page
- Violin Technical Work Book (2011), pg. 15, 21, table. See corrected pages
- Violin Technical Work Book (2011), pg. 33, ex. 3D, bar 4 and 6. See corrected page
- Violin Technical Work Book (2011), pg. 38. m.m. markings. See corrected page
For more information regarding violin examination, teaching and study including topics such as extra list pieces, sight reading and technical work presentation view our FAQs or participate in the Forum discussions.