Did you know you can now do your written exams online?
Candidates can now complete exams in Theory of Music, Musicianship and Music Craft online. Students can do a written exam at any time or place where there is a computer, an internet connection and appropriate supervision.
Exams available online:
THEORY OF MUSIC
|Preliminary||First grade||Grade 1|
|Grade 1||Second grade||Grade 2|
|Grade 2||Third grade||Grade 3*|
|Grade 3*||Fourth grade*||Grade 4*|
|Grade 4*||Fifth grade* (in development)|
* manually marked exams
More written exams will become available online over time.
Flexible and convenient
Private teachers can have students complete the exam at home or in the music studio. Students studying in a class can complete the exam individually in their own time or at the same time as the rest of the class.
Unlimited practice exams
Each exam comes with unlimited practice exams for the student to complete at any time up to a year after the exam is purchased. Candidates can use these to do as much preparation as they wish before sitting the official exam online.
Results for most online exams are available immediately and candidates can review their results against the correct answers. Higher-level exams are manually marked by a panel of AMEB examiners, with results available within 3-4 business days.
Online tutorials & support
As with all other AMEB exams, certificates are mailed out soon after the completion of the exams. Certificates for online exams are identical to those for exams completed on paper. In order to maintain the integrity of AMEB written exams all candidates under 18 must nominate an adult to supervise their written exam.
How to get started
1. Go to the AMEB Online Exam Centre.
2. Parents, Teachers and Adult learners, click 'Register' on the left side.
3. Complete registration with your details and create a username and password for yourself.
4. Login to the AMEB Online Exam Centre by clicking on 'Account holders' in the left sidebar and entering your username and password.
5. Click 'Buy exam' on left sidebar and fill in student's details.
6. After purchase, you will be emailed an exam key and password for the student to use to login.
7. Student can go to the AMEB Online Exam Centre and login by clicking 'Candidates' in the left sidebar and entering their exam key and password.
Please note: Your login details for the Online Exam Centre will only work at www.amebexams.edu.au